1. Makeup Remover. Even the most resistant waterproof mascara doesn't stand a chance against coconut oil. Apply it directly to the face as an oil cleanser, or let it sit on your skin with a cotton pad. Makeup will melt away.
2. Breath Freshener. Coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties. Gargling for 20 seconds to a minute with a spoonful of oil (a.k.a. oil pulling) can help clear up germs in the mouth, leading to fresher breath, whiter teeth, and healthier gums.
3. Lice Remedy. Start this all-natural lice treatment with a rinse of apple cider vinegar. Once the vinegar has dried, apply coconut oil to the entire head and let it sit for 12 to 24 hours. Brush through hair with a fine comb, then shampoo.
4. Body Lotion. If you're a DIY mixologist, then coconut oil is a vanity essential. You can use this versatile oil as the base to make your own body moisturizer.
7. Lip Balm.Coconut oil is the ideal remedy for chapped lips especially because it's semisolid at room temperature. Pack a bit in a miniature jar and smooth over lips throughout the day.
8. Stretch-Mark Cream. Expectant moms should keep a jar of coconut oil nearby to help ward off stretch marks, but anyone can use this as a topical treatment for scars. While the oil won't fade any marks, it can help prevent dark spots and blisters from forming.
9. Undereye Cream.Don't want to spend the extra money on eye cream? Use a dab of coconut oil on undereye bags and fine lines. It's light enough for the most delicate skin on your face.
12. Massage Oil. Warm coconut oil in the microwave and add a few drops of an essential oil, like lavender or peppermint, for a soothing massage mix.
13. Whitening Toothpaste. Run out of toothpaste? Grab the closest jar of coconut oil and add baking soda for a quick fix. Everyone will wonder how you got such a white smile.
14. Shaving Cream. Who said shaving cream has to lather? Use this balm as a base to get a closer shave that leaves legs smooth instead of dried out.
15. Dandruff Treatment. Dandruff and dry scalp go hand in hand. So send moisture right to the roots with a nightly coconut oil treatment. Just apply lightly to roots and massage in, which will also stimulate hair growth.
16. Body Oil. Why purchase a separate body oil when you can keep coconut oil near the bath? Just slather it on wet skin after the shower, then pat dry. You'll smell like a beach vacation all day. Plus, it has a natural SPF 4.
17. Itch Relief. Burns, bug bites, and bruises can all be soothed with a topical balm of coconut oil.
18. Deep Conditioner. You can use hot coconut oil as a preshampoo treatment to soothe dry hair before you shampoo and condition. Leave in for at least an hour for an allover moisturizing treatment.
19. Night Cream. Apply coconut oil at night for maximum moisturizing benefits. The antioxidants are great for smoothing fine lines and wrinkles while you sleep.